A developer at Halo Infinite support studio Certain Affinity has listed a “canceled battle royale mode” for the game on their LinkedIn resume. This person said they were in charge of a “large team of designers” making this unannounced mode that “could have been a game-changer for the franchise.”
The developer, Mike Clopper, said, “We loved playing it and working on it was a fantastic experience in spite of its cancellation.”
Clopper now works at Call of Duty studio Raven Software as studio design director, having joined the team just this month ahead of Black Ops 6’s launch on October 25.
A battle royale mode for Halo Infinite had been rumored for years. It was reportedly in the works under the codename Project Tatanka before being rebranded to Project Ekhert in 2023 a…